Franklin & Marshall College Poll
The 22nd year of consecutive polling in Pennsylvania
Below are the highlights of the February, 2013, Franklin & Marshall College Poll of Pennsylvania voters. Complete results can be found at http://politics.fandm.edu.
• Gov. Tom Corbett’s job performance remains low (26%), with little change from last September (30%). Only 2% of respondents say he has done an excellent job and 24% indicate he has done a good job.
• Voters overwhelmingly oppose turning over the the management of the state lottery to a private company, with 64% opposing and 18% favoring the change. Importantly, 47% strongly oppose the decision to only 7% that strongly favor the decision.
• In general, voters believe that the state legislature should approve the privatizing of state functions: 84% say it should be required by the legislature.
• As in past surveys, voters support selling the state owned liquor stores to private companies, 53% favor while 34% oppose.
• Strong support exists to have the state spend more on repairing and improving roads, bridges and mass transit, 35% want much more spending and 47% somewhat more.
• A majority of voters oppose making the use of marijuana legal, 55% oppose to 36% favor, but 82% favor the use of marijuana for medical reasons if prescribed by a doctor (82% favor to 16% oppose).
• A slight majority of voters now favor allowing gays and lesbians to legally marry (52% favor to 41% oppose).
This survey reflect interviews with 622 Pennsylvania voters conducted by the Center for Opinion Research at Franklin & Marshall College from Jan 29-Feb 3, 2013 (sample error of +/- 3.9 percentage points).
The Franklin & Marshall College Poll is produced in conjunction with the Philadelphia Daily News, WGAL-TV (South Central PA), Pittsburgh Tribune Review, WTAE-TV (Pittsburgh), WPVI-TV6/ABC (Philadelphia), Times-Shamrock Newspapers, Harrisburg Patriot-News, and Lancaster Newspapers. It may be used in whole or in part, provided any use is attributed to Franklin & Marshall College.
follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © 2012-Franklin & Marshall College, All rights reserved
Our mailing address is:
Center for Politics and Public Affairs
415 Harrisburg Ave
Lancaster, PA 17603
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences