For Immediate Release:
March 5, 2015
Contact: Doug Sachtleben
Contact: [email protected]
Club for Growth PAC to Sestak: You Still Have a Record
Club for Growth President David McIntosh: "Joe Sestak is a big government liberal who took every opportunity in Congress to attack economic freedom."
Washington, DC – The Club for Growth PAC issued the following statement in response to an announcement by former Democratic Congressman Joe Sestak that he would challenge U.S. Senator Pat Toomey in 2016:
"Joe Sestak is a big government liberal who took every opportunity in Congress to attack economic freedom. During just four years in Washington, Sestak was all in for Obamacare, the Wall Street bailout, Cap and Trade, and the failed Obama stimulus. While Senator Pat Toomey has amassed an outstanding pro-growth record, Joe Sestak made a record of throwing taxpayer dollars at every budget-busting government program," said Club for Growth President David McIntosh. "The Club for Growth PAC is proud to have announced, last November, its endorsement of Toomey for re-election in 2016. We’ll also be happy to remind Pennsylvania voters of Joe Sestak’s record."
As a Member of the U.S. House of Representatives (2007-2011) Joe Sestak amassed the following record:
• YES on ObamaCare (#165, 2010)
• YES on Cap and Trade (#477, 2009)
• YES on Stimulus (#70, 2009)
• YES on Auto Bailout (#690, 2008)
• YES on TARP (#681, 2008)
• YES on Fannie/Freddie bailout (#519, 2008)
• YES on Cash for Clunkers (#314, 2009)
• YES on increasing the debt limit (Numerous times. Citations available upon request.)
• YES to Dodd-Frank (#968, 2009)
• NO on getting rid of hundreds of earmarks (Numerous times. Citations available upon request.)
The Club for Growth is the nation’s leading group promoting economic freedom through legislative involvement, issue advocacy, research, and education.
The Club’s website can be found at http://www.clubforgrowth.org/