Franklin & Marshall College POll
The 21st year of consecutive polling in Pennsylvania
Below are the highlights of the June 2012 Franklin & Marshall College Poll of Pennsylvania voters. Complete results can be found at http://politics.fandm.edu
The June 2012 Franklin and Marshall College Poll finds President Obama with a 12 point lead over Mitt Romney, 48% to 36%. Obama is viewed favorably by 46% of voters to 27% for Romney.
1. Almost six in ten Pennsylvania voters believe the state is moving in the wrong direction, 57%, while 30% say it is moving in the right direction.
2. Bob Casey leads Tom Smith, 42% to 21% in the US Senate race.
3. Obama is seen as better able to handle foreign policy issues, 57% to 29%,understands the concerns of ordinary Americans, 57% to 31%, handle the job as military chief, 51% to 33% closest to your views on abortion and gay marriage, 47% to 37%, and prepared to fix our economic problems, 44% to 38%.
4. Small percentages of voters favor Gov. Corbett’s proposed spending cuts on human sevice programs (16%), local school districts (20%), the state’s recreation, park and conservation funds (21%) and higher education,(24%).
5. Almost half of voters (47%) say that state deficits ought to be balanced using a combination of tax hikes and spending cuts.
This survey reflect interviews with 412 Pennsylvania voters conducted by the Center for Opinion Research at Franklin & Marshall College from May 29/June, 2012 (sample error of +/- 4.8).
The Franklin & Marshall College Poll is produced in conjunction with the Philadelphia Daily News, WGAL-TV (South Central PA), Pittsburgh Tribune Review, WTAE-TV (Pittsburgh), WPVI-TV6/ABC (Philadelphia), Times-Shamrock Newspapers, Harrisburg Patriot-News, and Lancaster Newspapers. It may be used in whole or in part, provided any use is attributed to Franklin & Marshall College.
follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © 2011 Franklin & Marshall College, All rights reserved
Our mailing address is:
Center for Politics and Public Affairs
415 Harrisburg Ave
Lancaster, PA 17603