Family Update | April 21, 2017 | Forward | Donate |
Did you know you are helping to fund Planned Parenthood’s political activity?
Governor Wolf just headlined a roundtable discussion at a Planned Parenthood facility in Warminster – which does more than 900 abortions each year. The event was held by Planned Parenthood Keystone – one of their three regions in Pennsylvania – and national Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards was right by our Governor’s side. The discussion centered on fighting against proposals to defund Planned Parenthood "both on the federal and state levels."
Planned Parenthood Keystone made a net profit of over $621k in their last reporting year; over 25% of their revenue coming from government grants – i.e. your tax dollars.
So let’s put this equation together:
Governor Wolf & Cecile Richards pushing politics at Planned Parenthood facility
Event organized by Planned Parenthood Keystone, which is funded in part by taxpayers
Taxpayers are funding Planned Parenthood’s political activities.
Governor Wolf advocating for pro-abortion politics in Planned Parenthood’s own clinics that continue to receive taxpayer funding is yet another example of you and every Pennsylvania taxpayer being forced into helping their pro-abortion political activity.
The leading abortion business in Pennsylvania and nationally does not deserve our taxpayer dollars. Here are two ways to encourage your elected officials to take action:
1) State level: SB300, introduced by Senator John Eichelberger, would prioritize current taxpayer dollars to first be directed to the many community health centers that offer better comprehensive women’s health care than Planned Parenthood. (Remember, women can’t even get prenatal care at a Planned Parenthood in Pennsylvania.) Tell your State Senator and State Representative to support SB300 today – click here to use our action alert to send your elected officials an email.
***SB300 is on the agenda for the Senate Finance Committee on Wednesday, April 26. Please contact your State Senator before Wednesday to voice your support for SB300.
2) Federal level: Encourage your Congressman to do all they can to stop funding Planned Parenthood, especially in any health care reform measure. Here’s a one-page fact sheet summarizing the need for defunding Planned Parenthood at the federal level. For contact information, use our Citizen Action Center to enter your zip code (at the bottom of the page).
For more on Planned Parenthood, click here to download a statewide analysis of the largest abortion business, their partisan politics and why it’s time to end their taxpayer funding.
Podcast: Michael Geer talks Planned Parenthood, privacy lawsuit and private school education on WDAC program
PFI President Michael Geer provides the latest on what’s happening in Pennsylvania impacting families. Click here to listen now. The program will also air live on WDAC-FM 94.5 Lancaster on Saturday, April 22 at 12:30 p.m. and on WBYN-FM 107.5 Boyertown at 2 p.m.
"We need to open more doors for families and children to get a good education." – Michael Geer
1) Iowa becomes 21st state to improve abortion limits to 20 weeks. Pennsylvania continues an abortion limit set up in the 1980s that permits abortion as far as six months into pregnancy (24 weeks). SB3/HB77 would update this limit to the first five months of pregnancy (20 weeks) as well as end the barbaric practice of dismemberment abortions.
For more information and to take action here in PA, go to tinyurl.com/YESonSB3.
2) Resources for Privacy Lawsuit against Boyertown Area School District:
• Press Release: More students fight for privacy rights, join lawsuit against PA school district.
• Copy of the Court Complaint.
• One-minute video: Brave Students Take Action to Defend Privacy Rights
Pennsylvania Family Council
23 North Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
717-545-0600 | pafamily.org