Franklin & Marshall College Poll
The 26th year of consecutive polling in Pennsylvania
Below are the highlights of the May 2017, Franklin & Marshall College Poll. Complete results can be found at http://www.fandm.edu/fandmpoll
• Two in five (37%) registered voters in Pennsylvania believe President Trump is doing an "excellent" or "good" job as president, up from 32% in February.
• Pennsylvania voters believe the President is doing best at dealing with terrorism (47% rate his performance as an "A" or a "B"), while his administration receives its lowest ratings for dealing with climate change (52% rate his performance an "F") and protecting the environment (51% rate his performance an "F").
• Two in five (41%) registered voters in Pennsylvania believe Governor Wolf is doing an "excellent" or "good" job as governor.
• Half (50%) of the state’s registered voters believe the state is "on the wrong track," but there is no single issue or problem that stands out as being most important.
• More than half (56%) of the state’s registered voters support marijuana legalization, which mirrors a nation-wide increase in support.
• Senator Bob Casey’s job performance (38% "excellent" or "good" job as Senator) remains unchanged from February 2017.
This survey reflects interviews with 639 Pennsylvania registered voters, including 307 Democrats, 243 Republicans and 89 Independents conducted by the Center for Opinion Research at Franklin & Marshall College from May 1-7, 2017. The sample error for this survey is +/- 4.9 percentage points.
A methodological statement can be found in the complete report.
The Franklin & Marshall College Poll is produced in conjunction with the Philadelphia Daily News, WGAL-TV (South Central PA), Pittsburgh Tribune Review, WTAE-TV (Pittsburgh), WPVI-TV6/ABC (Philadelphia), Times-Shamrock Newspapers, Harrisburg Patriot-News/PennLive, LNP media group, and the Reading Eagle. It may be used in whole or in part, provided any use is attributed to the college.
follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © 2017 Franklin & Marshall College, All rights reserved
Our mailing address is:
Center for Politics and Public Affairs
415 Harrisburg Ave
Lancaster, PA 17603
unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences